Example Domain Miracles for Secrets
Estate-Driven Divinations (Level 0)
- Knowledge of major conspiracies or ancient secrets being revealed
Ghost Miracles (Level 1)
- Giving someone the feeling of "being watched" when they're alone
- Filling a room with whispers
Divination (Level 2)
- Determining what secrets a person knows (of course)
- Divining what secret activities a room or object has been used for
Preservation (Level 3)
- Making it impossible (or at least very hard) for a person to tell a particular secret
- Making a secret, once known, impossible to forget
Creation (Level 4)
- Inserting knowledge into a person's mind, as if it had gotten there appropriately
- Given common knowledge K that both people A and B know, make only person A know it (and not want to tell person B, or anyone else for that matter)
- Example: two people in a room. Ordinary room - four walls, door, etc. Both people, of course, know how to get out of the room - you open the door and walk out. Using a Lesser Creation, I could make one of the people believe that the exit is a secret door, and the other person not know how to leave at all.
Destruction (Level 5)
- Make a secret "hollow" - people who knew it still act as if they have a secret, and will defend its secrecy, but if pressed as to the actual content will be unable to answer (and probably very perplexed about their inability)
- Make a secret public. This doesn't immediately mean more people know it, but the people who do will not think of it as anything special or hidden, and as such are likely to let it slip easily.
Change (Level 6)
- Substitute one secret for another. You say you're a secret society dedicated to protecting the location of the Holy Grail? I say you're a secret society dedicated to worshipping lava lamps, and I'm right.
Divination (Level 5)
- Know the involved parties, location, and the words used any time a secret is spoken, anywhere
Preservation (Level 6)
- Make a secret inviolate - impossible to be learned by anyone
Creation (Level 7)
- Hide an entire geographical region (city, etc.) - nobody outside knows about it, nobody inside wants to tell people outside.
- Make knowledge that once was very common (and even obvious) known only to a select few. Example: the color of the sky.
Destruction (Level 8)
- Remove any way of hiding a particular kind of knowledge
Change (Level 9)