- Doctor Egg Friedrich -- (Loud and a good musician, but terribly illogical)
- An old philospher in a university in eastern Europe. Mutually hated by Martin due to professional disagreements. Has a glass left eye. Widower.
- Doctor Allan Wilhelm -- (Charismatic and funny, but doesn't pay attention to what people tell him)
- Young man at an Australian university. Mutually hated by Martin due to professional disagreements. Once convinced an entire English Poetry department (all girls) to spend the night at his place. Universally liked, except by Martin, which he takes as a personal insult.
- Doctor Figaro Rossini -- (Clever, great cook, and fluent in a multitude of languages. Unfortunately, has the attention span of a goldfish)
- Another old philosopher, native of Southern Europe, but currently based in South America. Mutually hated by Martin due to professional disagreements. Married. Devoted to his work and his wife. Vegetarian.
- Leopold -- (Sneaky, small, and quiet; but lazy)
- Black cat. A beloved pet of Martin's before he was enobled. Martin usually takes Leopold with him on his journeys; they were together when Martin first accidentally entered the Library of Alexandria and met Set.
- Miss Marria Gorka -- (Knowledgable about history, studious, oblivious to people around her, and an alcoholic)
- A beautiful archeaology professor from Martin's university. Loved by Martin. Doesn't know Martin cares for him. Wouldn't care if she did. Currently dating Andrew.
- [Sir Andrew Boston Jones-Anders]? -- (Kind, intelligent, just, but easy to tempt with food)
- A fat, balding fellow who works for the UN from his home near Martin's university. Hated by Martin because Martin is jealous of his girlfriend, Marria. Two times Nobel prize winner. [Not yet anchored.]