The Five Major Affiliations of Earth
The Code of the Angels
- Beauty is the highest principle.
- Justice is a form of Beauty.
- Lesser beings should respect their betters.
The Code of the Fallen Angels
- Corruption is the highest principle.
- Suffering is a form of corruption.
- Power justifies itself.
The Code of the Light
- Humanity must live, and live forever.
- What must be done ought be done cleanly.
- Humans must be protected, particularly from themselves.
The Code of the Dark
- Humans should destroy themselves, individually.
- Humanity should destroy itself, collectively, except for a few toys.
- Ugliness to human eyes shows that one is worthy.
The Code of the Wild
- Freedom is the highest principle.
- Sanity and mundanity are prisons.
- Give in kind with a gift received.
- Humans should destroy themselves individually.
- Humanity should destroy itself, collectively, except for the improved humanity.
- Survival shows that one is worthy.
The Four Cants of the Excrucians
The Cant of the Warmains
- Never surrender. Retreat only when necessary.
- Never abandon your comrades or arms.
- Die for the cause before living in shame.
The Cant of the Mimics
- Guard your privacy. Guard your thoughts. Guard your nature.
- Plan ten steps ahead. Lace every trap with traps.
- Never act when waiting is enough.
The Cant of the Deceivers
- (Use) Lies before Poison.
- (Use) Poison before the Dagger.
- (Use) The Dagger before the Sword.
The Cant of the Strategists
- Be strong in adversity.
- Be wise in decision.
- In action, be elegance itself.